Speaker: Maria Lowas-Rzechonek (twitter) Django developer and involved with Django Girls.
Model workflows in Django Admin.
- Add custom workflow-related fields
- Add custom URLs
- Override default templates
- add a column to the ListView with a calculated column
- use fieldsets to separate content from workflow data
- write methods for each transition in the state model
- add get_urls(return my_urls + super_urls)
templates/damin/bla/keks/change_form.htmlto make workflow actions appear in the toolbar
- add calculated column to list
- write method calculating the value
method.boolean = Truefor icons
method.admin_order_field = 'method'for ordering
use an annotated queryset:
class Greater(CombinedExpression): def init__self, lhs, rhs): super(Greater, self).__init(lhs, '>', rhs, output_field=BooleanField)
in manager: use Greater in get_queryset - add some css
For further information, watch Pushing the Pony's Boundaries from last year's DjangoCon Europe.