Assorted Links is now a staple in my blog – let's see what kinds of funny, weird, educational, cool stuff I came across last month. (Well, ok, to be honest: During the current month in my backlog.)
The current month's experiment: I'll put the number of requests my ublock plugin blocked on the page linked behind every url.
- Helping my students overcome command-line bullshittery (ublock 1)
- Mapping the whole internet with Hilbert curves (ublock 0)
- Look, all I'm saiying is let's at least give Nyarlathotep a chance, and the follow-up Sorry, But I Don’t See How Nyarlathotep’s Death Cult Is Negatively Affecting American Discourse (ublock 3)
- Urbigenous Library (includes Asimov's Last Question!) (ublock 0)
- Command-line Tools can be 235x Faster than your Hadoop Cluster (ublock 1)
- Tearing apart printf() (ublock 0)
- Postgres vs MySQL (ublock 0)
- Roads to Rome (ublock 0)
- git diff and blame for binary blobs (ublock 0)
- Denial (ublock 0)
Bonus German link: Wahlomat Nationalversammlung 1919 (ublock 0)
Bonus code repository: gcr, generic coloriser (ublock 3)
Bonus video link: Bret Victor: Inventing on principle (ublock 7)
I'm publishing these posts monthly – if you have cool links you want me to include, drop me an email or ping me on chaos.social!