Welcome to the first installment of Assorted Links – funny, weird, fascinating, educational, or plain cool links I found in the internet in the last month.
- NSA Deletes “Honesty” and “Openness” From Core Values: This just writes itself.
- Rising sea levels illustrated: Correctiv.org visualises lots of data, great digital reporting.
- My Experience With the Great Firewall of China: A report from a visit to China in 2016.
- Python & Async Simplified: A thorough introduction into async for Python, with a helpfully narrative style.
- Exim Off-by-one RCE: Meh found a serious 0day (think: first commit) issue with the popular mail server exim, and explains how it works and its impact.
- [German] Not Heidi's Girls: Cool video by Pink Stinkt, aired as Germany's Next Top Model starts up.
- The Devens Literacy Test: Very lyrical.
- A reddit compilation of cool free software
- The problem with the Code of Conduct: Very thoughtful discussion on issues the author has with CoCs. I don't agree with all of it (or the conclusions), but it's a good and calm statement.
I'll publish these posts occasionally – if you have cool links you want me to include, drop me an email or ping me on chaos.social!