Welcome to the second installment of Assorted Links – funny, weird, fascinating, educational, or plain cool links I found in the internet in the last month. It's only the second one and already I have a local backlog! But I'm sure once I get to the later ones, half of them won't be relevant any more.
- The Surprising Creativity of Digital Evolution: The machines are evolving past their jails. The fun really starts on p5.
- Bathroom based intelligence in the Cold War in Eastern Germany
- Deep, cool, and fairly short game on trust
- Compare country sizes on the map because map projections.
- The Five Geek Social Fallacies – even if you're not a geek, you might help a friend by sending them this.
- The Website Obesity Crisis: Theorises that (text-focused) websites should not exceed the size of major Russian works of literature
- Elderly people in Japan have a hard life, both in prison and in normal living situations
- Bonnie Parker wrote a poem shortly before she was caught
- How to run a working group: Lots of practical and actionable advice
I'll publish these posts monthly for now – if you have cool links you want me to include, drop me an email or ping me on chaos.social!